Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and the Tinies

Ok so I found my pictures from the Hurricane and figured I'd upload my little tinies Hurricane Sandy story :P

So I live on the east coast, and we were hit hard by Hurricane Sandy this last month. We were fortunate and didn't loose anything other than trees and power for a little while. My wonderful boyfriend James is in the national guard and was activated to go help before the storm. Rhea thought he was VERY handsome and went to go check out his hat ;)  
Anyways, the tinies will take over now!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mom said there is a BIG storm coming!! We don't have our own house yet... We better make one! Come on Lucy!


"I. CAN. HELP."
"Sure Danbo!!"

"We have a LOT of bricks Rhea..."

"I. HELP."
"Yes Danbo we know, thank you!"

"Is it tall enough yet?"
"Not quite!"

"Mommy says this is her favorite picture! I think it's because we're all working so well together! Look how tall our house is!"

"Hey Lucy do you think I can- uh oh!!!!"
(I must butt in, I love Danbo in this picture... I just picture him going "NOOOOOO" just him staring and holding out his arms x) oh so cute!)

"Oh no!"
"UH. OH."
"Rhea!!! Now where will we go when the storm comes!!!"

"It'll be ok Lucy, mom says we can stay in her house, she'll protect us! And then maybe one day we will have a real house of our own."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

24 hours later....
Rhea came outside to inspect the damage with me. Lucy was still too scared, Rhea wanted to pose by one of the trees that fell. This tree was as old as I am! We planted it when my parents first moved into our house. 25 years ago! We were lucky it didn't hit the house! (Side note, my dad and I spent HOURS taking this apart and dragging it to the street, but again we're lucky it fell away from the house!)


We ended up loosing power for about 24 hours only. Again very VERY blessed. I'm not a huge fan of power outages, but Rhea and Lucy seemed to have a BLAST with the LED lanterns! 

We ended up missing Halloween because of Sandy, but a few days later (Nov 5th) we had a rescheduled Halloween and the girls got to go trick or treating! Here they are with some of the spoils :)

That's all for now!! Calypso is going to make another appearance soon and the tinies are going to go on an adventure! Hope you all like the pictures! 
It's always so fun to share :D

~Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment