Friday, September 13, 2013

BJDBaby Review; Part 2

Ok, so it's been about 15 days since I have placed my order with BJDBaby, and while that seems like forever (especially by some other recaster standards) I have been getting updates, so that makes it much better!!

I made it a point to NOT bother the owner every day - or at least frequently- (like we all sometimes bother S/L over orders :P). BUT that doesn't mean I haven't checked in now and then. 
With such a big order and with a recaster I know little about, (especially when I'm trying to write all about it here!) I like to check in now and then.

So far I've talked with her 3 times. Each time she got back to me quickly and politely (and still with wonderful English!).
The second time (September 11th) she had pictures of two of my 4 dolls to share and I wanted to share them here with you :D

As you can see the color is spot on (yay!! omg he's sooooooo wonderful!) and ALL the parts are actually shown! I've gotten dolls before that are missing fantasy parts or human parts, but she has included everything like I asked (the extra head and the human parts) and that color *sighs* it's so pretty :3
I also want to make mention of the fact that the doll looks to be solid, my Soom Beyla from Luo is kicky, she's been restrung, but she just doesn't pose fantastically. Normally recasters don't take a lot of time with sending photos (think of all the photo's you've gotten where your doll's hands are backwards, or the arm is bent at a weird angle, legs aren't straight etc) So either she takes her time with the photos, or the doll actually poses well x)
Also I'm pleased that the fantasy parts are the right ones, Calypso (my Beyla) has Glot feet instead of Beyla hooves (I don't know if BJD Baby has the right feet... but damn I am curious :3)

 Aww look at her <3 isn't she a cutie!! Again, the doll is correct, the skin tone is spot on, the face looks perfect, and the hands and feet are obviously magnetic (I know in the past with certain recasters the dolls are fused together at the feet and hands) I also can't help but notice that the hips are facing the correct way, which (hopefully) means she has the clicky parts in her legs :3 I just asked today (the third time I've contacted her) if she remembered to install the magnets in her head like I had asked. 
Wow! Ok so as I was typing this she responded saying that the Littlefee does have the magnets in her head :3 so we will have to check when she arrives (but damn I hope so!)
When asked about the Pukifee she replied: "the pukifee skull is small" x) I don't know if they normally just don't do it or don't feel comfortable, but I asked if they can't/won't put them in if she could send extra magents so I can attempt it :3 

Both dolls appear to be strung well enough, I will let you know if they're strung the correct way (aka Littlefee through the hip joint for the legs, not through the head) and if they're strung well/able to pose. But as of right now, I'm feeling pretty pleased, and fairly confident in this order!
She told me that Andes is being processed today (and checked with me about her color-which was nice) 
She said all the dolls should ship by next weekend which would put her just a little past the 3 week mark that she had quoted me, which again, is ok as I am being given information as the weeks go on :)

Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for reading!

Check out Part 1 of this review here: http://thedollsintheattic.blogspot.com/2013/08/bjdbaby-review-part-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment